Yeah, that about sums it up.
Recently another great blogger, Weight2lose2013, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. This is my second ‘New Blogger’ award since I started this blog four and a half months ago. I won’t lie, I’m pretty thrilled about it.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers.
You think I’m lovely? Really? Even though I use the F-word a lot? Awww, that’s fantastic!
Prior to blogging, I’ve never won any awards. Not ever. Not even a perfect attendance award in elementary school. This was partly due to how shy I was as a kid, and I didn’t really outgrow that shyness until I was in high school. Even then, I never liked to be the center of attention so I learned to fly under the radar. I’ve always been social and enjoyed being included in group activities but I never really put myself out there to try and accomplish something I could be recognized for.
So having my silly, ridiculous little blog acknowledged in a positive manner by my peers in the blogging community feels pretty amazing. I never thought anyone would read it, so I am beyond flattered that any of you enjoy it enough to keep coming back and checking in on Wanda. I truly enjoy being a part of the WordPress community, and I want to thank Weight2lose2013 for the nomination and support. All of you should go check out his blog immediately!
Now let’s get to the rules…
In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blogs
Here are seven random facts about me:
1. I often read to myself, out loud. I can’t help it. When I’m engrossed in a good book reading out loud to myself just happens, and when I try and suppress the urge I get frustrated and end up re-reading a paragraph several times trying to concentrate. I don’t like to read with other people in the room for this reason. Does anyone else have this problem?
3. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people ask me if I’m wearing contacts. I have blue eyes, and five out of ten people will ask me point blank if I am wearing contact lenses. Here’s what irritates me about this…they don’t ask if I’m wearing colored contacts, just contacts. I do wear contacts because I have horrible vision, but they aren’t colored. Frequently, people just assume my eye color is enhanced with blue colored contacts, and when they ask it’s almost like they’re accusing me of something. It’s the knowing tone of voice they use, like they just out-smarted a used car salesman that annoys the shit out of me. I usually reply by saying, “Yes, I wear contacts because my vision is horrible, but how could you tell that just by looking at me?” My point is that people shouldn’t assume that because someone has an interesting feature that they’re fake in some way. And even if they are, why should you care?
4. Coffee is my favorite beverage. I worship coffee. I could drink it all day, especially when it’s cold and raining. I don’t like black coffee, though. I like my coffee like I like my ice cream…sweet and creamy. When I travel, I even pack my own sweetener (Stevia) and non-dairy creamer. So many people and hotels don’t have Stevia or the cream I like, so I never leave town without it.
5. I love books of all kinds and I read books from every genre. Historical fiction is my favorite, but paranormal romance is my secret, guilty pleasure. Sometimes, after reading something heavy and thought-provoking, I need a book that doesn’t make me think too hard. Something that just makes me laugh, takes me to the edge of my seat, and makes my heart race with the anticipation of the two main characters finally getting their shit together and realizing they belong to each other. Some of my favorite series include the Fever series, the Immortals After Dark series, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Charley Davidson series. All of these series are sexy, smart, action-packed and hilarious.
6. I really do have a weird obsession with the zombie apocalypse. Last month my husband was cleaning out the garage and he knew to pile everything he wanted to get rid of in the driveway for me to look at first, just in case I wanted to save something for my zombie stash. He wanted to get rid of a Brita water filter tank and several new, replacement filters. I was like, “What if the zombie apocalypse comes and we need a way to filter water for drinking?” He calmly put the water tank and filters back in the garage, without saying a word. I think he appreciates the fact that I’m thinking ahead. 😉
7. Sometimes, I spontaneously start dancing around my house. Sometimes with music, most of the time without music. My dancing is usually motivated by doing something silly with my kids. I think I’m a great dancer. My kids think I’m ridiculous and my husband just thinks it’s funny.
Now for the blogger nominations! I don’t know fifteen new bloggers to nominate, so I will nominate the bloggers that I do know and believe you will enjoy as much as I do.
That’s it! Thanks again and I hope everyone has a fabulous week! 🙂
This is the second morning in a row my kids have slept in and let me enjoy my coffee in peace. It’s heaven. The house is quiet. There’s just me and the dog, listening to the birds singing outside, while I stalk Facebook and contemplate my next blog post. This is a sign that God loves me and wants me to be happy.
Wait…..shit. They’re up. Never mind. 🙂